They say real life can sometimes intrude when you least expect it.
Apparently when real life intrudes on me, it not only crashes on my sofa but also brings several rather odd friends with it who fill my house with peculiar happenings and multicolored smoke curling under the bathroom doors.
2 rounds of scarlatina, 2 24 hour bugs, a Thanksgiving holiday get together, and a lovely set of second degree burns across my dominant hand (turkey drippings……heavy roasting pan plus 5’2″ girl with stick figure muscles equals nothing good at all) later and I am actually reading the news and playing catch-up on what I missed for the past week and a half.
On the bright side, while I was short of time and unable to get to my computer, I got to catch up on several blogs I follow and read the awesome stuff their writers post. I could lose myself for days just reading what y’all are talking about. It’s always interesting and usually better than anything I have to say, anyway.
I was also nominated for a blog award by the Ranting Papizilla just before the bottom fell out on me around here, which tickled me no end, and now I can finally thank him properly and accept it.
So, here goes……..
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Rules of Participation:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
As for seven things about myself………
- I have a Sheldon J. Plankton tattoo on the outside of my left hand, just below the thumb. I love him. He is sassy, and silly, and I have yet to meet anyone who has one anything like it. Plankton is my favorite supervillain. I call him the Wile E. Coyote of Bikini Bottom. I cannot wait to be a wrinkled old geezette in a retirement home somewhere with a big ol’ Plankton tattoo. It gives me something to look forward to.
My favorite-est tattoo, of my favorite-est baddie.
- I recently turned 39, and it was NOT depressing. Yeah, I know, I’m a chick, so it was supposed to be a morose affair…..but frankly, it wasn’t. In fact, ever since I turned 34 I have been looking forward to the big 3–9. Now I can stay 39 forever, just like my idol, the funniest man who ever walked this Earth………Jack Benny.
- I need 4 things in order to be truly happy. As long as I have those, poo can rain from the ceiling and it won’t faze me. Running water, Green (plants), Music, and Books. As long as my family is healthy and I have those, I am good to go. Do your worst, world.
- I own 2 pairs of Capri pants and one pair of jeans. I only own about 4 shirts, and I have maybe 4 pairs of shoes (none of them dress shoes or high heels). I am emphatically NOT a clothes horse in any sense whatsoever, but……….I have a purse illness. A really, really bad one. It’s like freakin’ Heroin. Do not EVER let me see one on sale, ’cause I’ll drag that bad boy home in a heartbeat. When we moved this last time, I had an entire box of nothing but purses. I need help, I really do. Anyone know of a Handbag Recovery Group?
The first step is admitting you have a problem. When I opened the closet and was buried in an avalanche of handbags, I realized I had a problem.
- I grew up watching old black & white shows on a now defunct channel called CBN (I think it turned into Trinity Network). When my friends were watching Punky Brewster and Webster, I was loading up on The Many Loves Of Dobie Gillis, The Ann Sothern Show, The Bob Cummings Show, I Married Joan, You Bet Your Life, The Burns & Allen Show, and the best of the bunch, The Jack Benny Show. I maintain that nobody has ever been or ever will be funnier than a man who can stand on a stage with his arms crossed and command 5 minutes of laughter by saying nothing at all. That’s it, he wins. He is the king. The violin was just icing on the cake.
- My favorite holiday is Halloween. My mom’s birthday is Halloween and each year it is celebrated with ooky creepy food and laughing at incredibly crappy old black and white horror movies. This year was Dracula’s Daughter. Last year was The Beast Of Yucca Flats. Oh, dear lord, if you haven’t experienced that one, put it on your bucket list. Next year we will be doing The Killer Shrews. I can’t wait…….
- My favorite Disney movie is Sleeping Beauty. Maleficent is by far the coolest Disney baddie, ever. The only one who ever came close is Ursula.
Now for the nominations. Please give these blogs a visit. They are all interesting. Some are fun, some funny, and some serious, but all worth your time.
- Don In Massachusetts
- Simple Pleasures
- Frivolous Monsters
- Simple. Interesting.
- Attack The System
- Unedited Politics
- The Wish Factor
- the dancing professor
- The Risible Rambler
- Pouring My Art Out
- Dysfunctional Literacy
- Hunting For Bliss
- Flamingo Dancer’s Blog
Give them a visit, you won’t be sorry!